Mom's appointment with her oncologist today went quite well. Her lung x-rays showed that they are getting clearer - the pneumonia is definately getting better. Her right lung looks quite good - it appears to be cleared up. Her left lung is somewhat better...there is still some fluid in it, and it may be partially collapsed - yet her oxygen levels and heart rate are quite good, so we are thankful for that. Her energy levels are a bit better, so Mom will continue her treatments of oral chemo - one week off, and then two weeks on, and then a visit to the oncologist to see how she's doing.
Mom remains in good spirits - what a blessing that is! She is very aware of how serious her condition is, but remains strong in her faith, which gives her the strength to fight this. We appreciate every day we have, and continue to pray that her treatments are effective in giving her more time to enjoy life with family and friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's good news about the pneumonia, we pray it continues in that direction. We will continue to pray for Auntie Helen and all of you.
ReplyDeleteIan & Ang & girls
You all come to mind often and then I send up a prayer for strength and courage and time and energy. Much love from Dick and Tina Woltil
ReplyDeleteDear Aunt Helen, Uncle Herman & Family
ReplyDeleteYou are in our thoughts and prayers. May you be surrounded by love and prayers. Praying that God grant you strength and courage daily during this challenging journey. Believing in the power of prayer for God's healing mercies. Through God all things are possible.
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous hand.
Love, Betty and Ron Eisenman